About IB ACIO
The Intelligence Bureau, which comes under the Home Ministry conducts the recruitment of IB ACIO (Assistant Central Intelligence Officer). It is a General Central service post. It fall under Group "C" (Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial) category of Central Government Jobs.
IB (Intelligence Bureau) is one of India's primary Internal Intelligence agencies. Getting selected as IB-ACIO is a great way to start a career in the domain of the Intelligence agencies in India.
IB ACIO Mock Test
Practicemock provides online mock tests for the preparation of the IB ACIO Online Exam. The tests include thousands of questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the IB ACIO exam with great success.
The IB ACIO mock tests have the following features:
- The IB ACIO online test series will consist of 10 full-length IB ACIO Mock Tests
- All Mock Tests for IB ACIO Exam will be as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
- Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Based Analysis. Get an all-India ranking.
- The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
IB ACIO Notification
The Ministry of Home Affairs of India (MHA) every year releases the IB ACIO Recruitment Notification for the selection of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO) posts in the Intelligence Bureau of India (IB). All young aspirants who are interested to join the Intelligence wing of Indian Government should apply for the IB ACIO Recruitment 2021 once the notification is out. To know how to apply read our detailed
IB ACIO Exam Pattern
The selection process for IB ACIO 2021 recruitment will have 3 stages. The first stage is objective test of 100 marks. The Second Stage will have a descriptive paper of 50 marks and the third stage would be an Interview of 100 marks
IB ACIO Objective Test (Tier 1) Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||100||100||60 mins|
*MCQs, divided into 5 parts containing 20 questions of 1 marks each
*There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.
IB ACIO Descriptive Paper (Tier 2) Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Essay Writing||30||30||60 mins|
|English Comprehension & Précis Writing||20||20|
- Minimum 33% marks required in IB ACIO 2020 Tier 1 Exam to be eligible for IB ACIO 2020 Tier 2 Exam. The candidate would also need to score more than the actual Tier 1 cutoff to be declared by IB.
- Both – IB ACIO 2020 Tier 1 and Tier 2 Marks would be considered for Tier 3 (interview) selection.
- Total marks scored in all 3 stages of IB ACIO 2020 Exam would be considered for Final Selection.
IB ACIO Syllabus
General Knowledge Syllabus
Indian History, Polity, Current Events, Geography, Economy, Basics of computers etc. The focus will be on Current national & International events, banking, sports, awards, recruitments etc.
Logical & Analytical Ability Syllabus
Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualisation, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure, Non-Verbal Reasoning.
English Language Syllabus
Grammar Rules, antonyms, synonyms, one-word substitution, idioms & phrases, fill in the blanks, Reading Comprehension/Passage, Cloze Test, Para-Jumble Sentences etc.
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
Number System, HCF LCM, Simplification, Average, Time & Work, Mensuration, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Investment, Problem on Ages, Time & Speed, Problem on Trains, Permutation and Combination, Series and Sequences, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart.
IB ACIO Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 27 years
- Bachelors Degree from a recognized institute/university.
- Additional - Basic Computer Knowledge
IB ACIO Application Process
Prerequisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should,
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under "Guidelines for photograph & signature scan and upload"
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank shall send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
- Be prepared for biometric verification of identity at the Exam Centre at the time of Main Examination and onwards.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
- General/ OBC – (Male Candidates Only): Examination Fee (100/-) + Recruitment Processing Fee (500/-)
- SC/ ST and All Female Candidates: Nil + Recruitment Processing Fee (500/-)
Steps to Apply for IB ACIO Exam Online
Following are the step to fill the Online Application form for the IB ACIO Recruitment Exam.
- Step 1 -: Go to MHA Official Website (https://mha.gov.in/)
- Step 2 -: Go Vacancies under Notification tab on the homepage
- Step 4-: Register on the Online Application portal by filling your personal details like name, phone number and date of birth to get the Registration number and Password
- Step 5 -: Now Log-in with your Registration number and Password to start filling the Form
- Step 6 -: Fill all your personal, education and work-related details correctly in the IB ACIO Online Form
- Step 7 -: Upload your latest passport size photo
- Step 8 -: Upload your Signature
- Step 9 -: Submit the form (Check all the details carefully, once submitted, details cannot be changed.)
- Step 10 -: After submission of IB ACIO Online form, you will be directed to the payment page for Application fees payment
- Step 11 -: Make the payment through Online mode or Print the application fees challan for offline payment.
- Step 12 -: Take a Print out of both application form and payment receipt.
To be Announced