SBI Clerk 2022 Notification
SBI Clerk 2022 Notification is released featuring 5008 vacancies. In this article, we will be collating all the important details for you. SBI (State Bank of India) is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body headquartered in Mumbai. SBI is the 43rd largest bank in the world and ranked 221st in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world's biggest corporations of 2020. It is the largest in India with a 23% market share by assets and a 25% share of the total loan and deposits market. SBI conducts clerical recruitment on an annual basis. Let's have a look at all the important details of SBI Clerk 2022 Notification. As per the SBI Clerk 2022 Notification, the selection procedure of SBI Clerk recruitment is Online Prelims Exam followed by Online Mains Exam. There are a total of 5,008 vacancies for SBI Clerk 2022. The whole recruitment process is wrapped up in around 8 months.
SBI Clerk 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Age Details (As on 01.08.2022)
Minimum: 20 years and Maximum: 28 years as on 01.08.2022
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
|1.||SC/ ST||5 years|
|3.||PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|4.||PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|5.||PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex- Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|7.||Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||7 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 yearsfor General/ EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 yearsfor SC/ST candidates)|
Educational Qualification Details
All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies. Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before a specified date.
SBI Clerk 2022 Vacancies
Vacancies are an important part of SBI Clerk notification. More vacancies mean that the competition might be a little bit less. SBI Clerk 2022 notification is now released, we are providing you the details of 2022 and 2021 vacancies so that you get an idea. The total vacancies announced in 2022 is 5,008. Below are the Circle-wise Details:
SBI Clerk 2022 Vacancies
|SBI Clerk Notification 2022: Vacancies|
|Junior Associates (Customer Support & Sales) Vacancy|
| ||Daman & Diu||0||0||1||0||3||4|
|Chandigarh||Jammu & Kashmir||3||4||9||3||16||35|
|Lucknow/ Delhi||Uttar Pradesh||133||7||170||63||258||631|
|Maharashtra/ Mumbai Metro||Maharashtra||75||67||201||74||330||747|
SBI Clerk 2021 Vacancies
|Circle||State/ UT||Language||Total Vacancies|
|Bengal||West Bengal||Bengali/ Nepali||273|
|A&N Islands||Hindi/ English||15|
|Chandigarh||Jammu & Kashmir||Urdu/ Hindi||12|
|Delhi/ Chandigarh||Haryana||Hindi/ Punjabi||110|
|Lucknow/ Delhi||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi/ Urdu||350|
|Maharashtra/ Mumbai Metro||Maharashtra||Marathi||640|
|North Eastern||Assam||Assamese/ Bengali/ Bodo||149|
|Meghalaya||English/ Garo/ Khasi||14|
|Special Recruitment Drive|
|Chandigarh||Kashmir Valley||Urdu/ Kashmiri/ Dogri||40|
|Leh & Kargil Valley||Urdu/Ladakhi/ Dogri||15|
|North Eastern||Dibang Valley, Tawang etc.||English||10|
SBI Clerk 2022 Important Dates
Keep a track of the below dates. Not only will it help you in timely applying for the exam, but it will also help you for a better preparation.
|SBI Clerk Notification 2022||6th September 2022|
|SBI Clerk Online Application Starts||7th September 2022|
|Last date to Apply Online||27th September 2022|
|SBI Clerk Admit Card||October 2022|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Exam||November 2022|
|SBI Clerk Mains Exam||December/January 2022|
SBI Clerk 2022 Selection Procedure
SBI Clerk 2022's selection procedure is Prelims exam followed by Mains exam. There isn't any change in the SBI Clerk exam pattern when compared to SBI Clerk Exam Pattern of Previous Year.
SBI Clerk 2022 Prelims Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk last year paper pattern was nothing different than the previous ones. More or less the pattern remains the same.
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
| ||Total||100||100|| ||1 Hour|
- Negative Marking of 0.25 per incorrect answer is applicable.
- Aspirants need to clear the Overall cut-offs only to qualify for the Mains exam. There are no Sectional cut-offs.
- Marks of Prelims will be considered only for the Mains Exam and not in the final selection.
SBI Clerk 2022 Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who clear the Prelims have to take the Mains exam. Below is the exam pattern of SBI Clerk Mains exam.
Name of Tests
(Not by Sequence)
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English||45 minutes|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
| ||TOTAL||190||200|| ||2 hours 40 minutes|
- Negative Marking of 0.25 per incorrect answer is applicable.
- Aspirants need to clear the Overall cut-offs to qualify for the Mains exam. There are no Sectional cut-offs.
SBI Clerk 2022 Syllabus
For your convenience, we have listed the topics which need to be compulsorily prepared for this exam. Solve SBI Clerk Previous year question paper to get a hang of the questions which were asked in the previous years. Also, Take a Free Mock Test of SBI Clerk to get to know your preparation level. Buy SBI Clerk Online Test Series for a complete practice which has 20 SBI Clerk Prelims Mock Tests & 15 Prelims Sectional Tests and 10 SBI Clerk Mains Mock Tests & 15 Mains Sectional Tests. The syllabus is similar to SBI Syllabus of 2021 and there isn't much change. Have a look:
|English Language||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
|Cloze Test||Alpha-numeric/ Alphabetical Series||Age Problems||Sports personalities|
|Correct Usage||Analogy||Average||International Organisations' HQ/ President/ Chairman/ Secretary General.|
|Error Spotting||Analytical Reasoning||Boats and Stream||Country in news, with its capital, important rivers, President and PM.|
|Fillers – Single, Double||Blood Relations||Clock and Calendar Problems||National Parks|
|Idioms and Phrases||Coded Inequalities||Data Interpretation – Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart; Tabular; Caselet; Mixed DI, Radar Table, Funnel based DI||Wildlife Sanctuaries|
|Odd One Out||Coding and Decoding||Data Sufficiency||Atomic, Nuclear, Thermal Plants|
|One Word Substitution||Data Sufficiency||LCM and H.C.F||Important Dams|
|Parajumbles||Directions and Distances||Mensuration||Dance Forms|
|Paragraph Completion||Double Line-up||Mixture and Allegations||Ministers and their Constituencies|
|Reading Comprehension||Inequality||Number Series||Ministers and their Portfolios|
|Sentence Improvement||Input Output||Number System||Current Affairs (last 6 months)|
|Synonyms/ Antonyms||Order and Ranking/Direction||Partnership||Indian Financial System|
|Vocabulary based questions||Puzzles – Box based, Floor, Calendar, Day/Months based, etc.||Percentage||History and Structure of Indian Banking|
|Word/Phrase Replacement||Scheduling||Permutation and Combination||Indian Economy|
| ||Seating Arrangement– Linear, Circular, Facing Inside/Outside, Mixed||Pipes and Cisterns||Regulatory bodies- RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC|
| ||Statement and Conclusion||Probability||History/Functions/Roles of RBI|
| ||Statement-Course of Action||Profit, Loss and Discount||Budget Basics|
| ||Syllogism||Quadratic Equations||Current Union Budget|
| || ||Simple and Compound Interest||International Organisations/ Financial Institutions|
| || ||Simplification & Approximation||Indian Constitution|
| || || ||Government Schemes|
| || || ||Monetary and Credit Policies|
| || || ||Concepts like BASEL|
| || || ||Micro Finance|
| || || ||Base Rate|
| || || ||Negotiable Instruments|
| || || ||Credit Rating Agencies|
| || || ||Financial Inclusions|
| || || ||Teaser Rates|
| || || ||GAAR|
| || || ||Priority Sector Lending|
| || || ||Abbreviations|
| || || ||Important Dates|
| || || ||Current Bank Rates|
| || || ||UNO|
| || || ||Marketing|
| || || ||Awards & Honours Sports|
These Bank Clerk mock tests give you a fair idea as how your preparation levels are for the actual exam. Once you are through with the free test and have got an idea as in how the actual exam pattern looks like, then in order to practice more, you can buy Bank Clerk Test Series.
SBI Clerk 2021 Previous Year Cut-offs
Cut-off is something which is very important to aspirants. While it's extremely difficult to predict the cut-offs of the upcoming exam, we have given you the previous year cut-offs to help you get an idea.
SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 State-wise Cut-offs
Let's have a look at the category-wise and state-wise cut-off for SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims exam.
|SBI Clerk Prelims Cut Off 2021( Out of 100)|
|Andaman & Nicobar ||66.25|| -||-||-||-|
|Chhattisgarh||76.5||76.50 ||64 ||62.75 ||73 |
|Gujarat||64.5||64.5 ||63.50 ||49||64.50 |
|Haryana||79.75|| 76|| -||-||-|
|Himachal Pradesh||80.25|| -||-||-||-|
|Jharkhand||69.25 || -||-||-||-|
|Uttar Pradesh||81.25||78 ||70 ||55.25||81.25 |
|Uttarakhand||81.75||73 ||66.75 ||66.75 ||75.25 |
SBI Clerk 2021 Mains Cut-offs
State Bank of India had released the SBI Clerk Cut-offs for Mains exam (final) along with its result on 17th November 2021. As SBI Clerk Prelims Exam has been concluded on 1st and 17th October 2021 and lakhs of banking aspirants who have appeared in the SBI Clerk 2021 mains exam are anxious to know the mains and final cut-off to get qualified for in SBI PO 2021 exam. The difficulty level of the exam and the overall good attempts are two major factors for deciding the cut-off marks. The state-wise cut-off marks for SBI Clerk 2021 mains exam is given below.
SBI Clerk 2021 Mains State-wise Cut-offs
Let's have a look at the SBI Clerk Mains Cut-off 2021 for all states.
|SBI Clerk Mains Cut-off 2021 (Out of 200)|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||86.25|| -|
|Jammu & Kashmir||-||-|
SBI Clerk 2020- Prelims Overall Cut-offs
SBI Clerk 2020- Mains Overall Cut-offs
SBI Clerk 2019- Prelims Overall Cut-offs
|Jammu and Kashmir||81.75|
SBI Clerk 2019- Mains Overall Cut-offs
SBI Clerk 2018- Prelims Overall Cut-offs
SBI Clerk 2018- Mains Overall Cut-offs
SBI Clerk- Job Profile
Here are all the details you wanted to know about SBI Clerk's salary & his/ her job responsibilities.
Job Profile of SBI Clerk
- To work as a Single Window Operator (SWO) looking after the day-to-day activities of the bank such as
- Opening bank accounts of new customers
- Issuing demand drafts
- Processing cheques
- Handling rtgs/ neft
- Cheque books requests etc.
- To face customers, address their issues/ concerns, and provide them the right guidance
- To work as a cashier as per the requirement
- To verify documents, countersign and clear cheques/ drafts
- To work on documentation and do routine tasks like ledger maintenance, balance tallying, data entry etc.
- To market financial products of the bank such as loans, schemes, deposits etc.
- To scrutinize applications to ensure that they are complete
- To call customers to sell/ cross-sell banking services and advisory services
SBI Clerk Salary
The salary of an SBI Clerk will depend upon a number of factors. In a city like Mumbai, the salary will be around Rs 32,000. The pay scale is 17900- 1000/3- 20900- 1230/3- 24590- 1490/4- 30550- 1730/7- 42600- 3270/1- 45930- 1990/1- 47920. This simply means that you will have a starting salary is Rs.19900/- (Rs 17,900 with an annual increment of Rs 1,000 which will continue until the next 3 years). After 3 years your basic salary would have become Rs 18,900 and this calculation goes on until your basic salary becomes Rs 47,920 which is the maximum salary an SBI Clerk can get. Below are the allowances/ perks an SBI Clerk gets:
- Dearness Allowance- This component is revised on a quarterly basis and is based on the CPI (Consumer Price Index).
- House Rent Allowance
- Special Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Reimbursement of Telephone bills
- Pension (NPS)
- Leave Fare
- Medical Facilities
SBI Clerk Career Growth
Thanks to the fast track promotion process at SBI, the career growth of an SBI Clerk is relatively better than that of clerks of other banks. A clerk can reach up to the profile of General Manager. Promotions either happen in-cadre (in the clerical cadre itself) or to the officer cadre.
In-Cadre Promotion of an SBI Clerk
- An employee who has completed 10 years of service will be promoted to ‘Senior Assistant' which carries a special allowance of Rs 1,800.
- Similarly, those employees who have completed 20 & 30 years of service and gets promoted to ‘Senior Assistant' get a special allowance of Rs 2,500 & 3,500 respectively.
Officer Cadre Promotion of an SBI Clerk
- An SBI Clerk can become a trainee officer if s/he has completed 3 years of service and cleared the written test & interview. There is a probation period of 2 years.
- After the probation period ends, depending upon his performance, the trainee officer will be either recruited into MMGS-II (Middle Management Grade Scale) cadre or will be sent back to the clerical cadre.
- After completing 6 years of service under the fast track promotion channel or after completing 12 years of service under normal promotion channel, a clerk can become a JMGS-I (Junior Manager Grade Scale). This promotion is subject to an upper age limit and s/he needs to clear a written test & interview.
SBI Clerk 2022 Application Form
The online application link for the SBI Clerk 2022 will remain active till 27th Sep 2022. In this section, we will be learning about the SBI Clerk exam 2022 application process in detail.
SBI Clerk Exam Application Form 2022
The application link for the SBI Clerk exam 2022 will remain active from 27th Sep 2022.
SBI Clerk 2022 Online Application Process
Step 1: Click on the link given above.
Click on the NEW REGISTRATION button provided on the top right corner of the home page of the link provided above to start your registration process for the SBI Clerk 2022 Exam.
Step 2: Fill in Your Basic Details.
Start your application process for SBI Clerk 2022 by providing your basic details such as name, mobile number, email address, permanent address, etc., and click on the save and next button.
Step 3: Upload Signature & Passport size Photograph
Upload your photograph and signature in the required format. The permissible size of the photograph must be 4.5 cm * 3.5 cm and the photograph must be of passport size with white background. Both the photograph and the signature must be clear and legible.
Permissible file size of the photograph must be of minimum 20 KB and of maximum 50 KB and that of the signature must be of minimum 10 KB and of maximum 20 KB.
Step 4: Fill the Academic & Professional Qualification
Fill in your Academic Details and Professional Qualifications in this step of your online application process for the SBI Clerk 2021 Exam. Click on the save and next button after filling in the details.
Step 5: Preview
Preview your application form and carefully check all the details that you have put in as you won't be allowed to make any changes further in the application form. Click on the save and next button after previewing your Application Form.
Step 6: make online Payment
Pay your Application Fee through Online Payment Option, i.e. through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking for SBI Clerk 2021 Exam.
Step 7: Submit your Online Application
Click on Submit Button. Your application form will be submitted successfully. You will be sent an email with your registration ID and password by SBI for further login into the official website.
SBI Clerk 2022 Application Fee
The category-wise fee structure for SBI Clerk online application is given below. Fee once paid will NOT be refunded. The application fee must be paid online.
- General/OBC/EWS-Rs. 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)
SBI Clerk 2022 Admit Card
SBI will issue the SBI Clerk admit card separately for Prelims and Mains examinations on its official site. The admit card for the SBI Clerk prelims exam is released and the candidates can start downloading their SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 admit cards from the direct download link given below. The SBI Clerk Prelims exam will be held from 10th July to 13th july 2021.
SBI Clerk Admit Card for Prelims exam:2022
The SBI Clerk admit card for the prelims exam has been released on the official website. The SBI Clerk Prelims exam will be conducted in the month of November 2022.
SBI Clerk Admit Card for Mains exam:2022
The SBI Clerk admit card for the main exam has been released on the official website. The SBI Clerk mains exam will be conducted from December 2022.
How to Download SBI Clerk Admit Card 2022?
- Candidates are required to download the SBI Clerk Admit Card Online (Pre-exam Training/ Preliminary Exam/ Main Exam/ GE & Interview)
- Click on the link provided on the official website.
- Fill in your Registration number or Roll number and Password or Date of Birth. [Note: Registration Number and Password are provided at the time of Registration. Candidates must check their email or SMS in case they have lost it]
- Enter Captcha
- Download SBI Clerk Admit Card 2022
Note: We would suggest SBI Clerk Exam Candidates take at least two copies of Admit cards. Check very carefully your exam date, time of reporting, and exam venue. Do not wait till the last date to download the SBI Clerk Admit Card 2022 as there may be heavy traffic on the servers during the last few days. Candidates are also required to take along their valid proof of Identity to the examination center.
SBI Clerk 2022 Results
SBI Clerk result for the year 2021 has been announced officially. Let us look into the result of SBI Clerk exam 2022.
SBI Clerk exam 2021 Result:
SBI has released the SBI Clerk Mains Result 2021 on 17 November 2021. The FINAL RESULT with Roll Numbers of Provisionally Selected Candidates for Appointment at the post of Junior Associates is now available for download on the official SBI website. The Mains Exam was conducted on 1st and 17th October 2021. All candidates who had appeared in the SBI Junior Associate Mains Exam can check their final result from the link given in this blog. There is an interview round for JA in SBI.
How to Check SBI Clerk Result 2022?
Discussed below are the steps to check and download your main result. Follow the steps below –
- Click on the link provided above.
- Find your number in the PDF (Use Ctrl+F)
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
For aspirants' convenience, we've added the direct download link to the result. As you click on the link below you'll be redirected to the official website.
SBI Clerk Mains 2022 – Score Card
Clerk Mains Score Card is usually released for download after the declaration of the result. Released in the form of a transcript, the scorecard can be downloaded by following the same steps as that of checking the result discussed above.
What will be there on the SBI Clerk Mains Score Card?
- Subjects in test
- Maximum marks that can be obtained in each subject
- Marks scored by the candidate in each subject
- The overall score obtained by the candidate
- Sectional cut off for each subject
- Overall cut off decided by State Bank of India for each category
- Marks normalized out of 100 for mains
- SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Marks are awarded for General / Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude. Candidates are advised to download and print the scorecard for reference and usage during further rounds.
What After SBI Junior Associate Mains Result?
All candidates who make it through the cut off marks will be called for a language proficiency test. The date of the language proficiency exam for the SBI Clerk is notified to the successful candidates in due course.
SBI Clerk Local Language Test – Important Points
- Conducted for candidates who qualify in the SBI Clerk mains exam.
- Candidates who studied the opted local language in Class 10th or 12th are exempted from the test.
- A local language test is conducted before joining.
- It is also mandatory for candidates to qualify for the local language test.
- Candidates will be disqualified if they are not proficient in the particular local language.
SBI Clerk Final Selection
- There is no interview conducted and the final selection is done based on the main score.
- It is mandatory for candidates to qualify for the local language test for final selection.
- Document verification takes before the final selection
- State-wise and category-wise lists of the selected category are released.
SBI Clerk Waitlist
- SBI maintains a waitlist of up to 50% of the vacancies in both state-wise and category-wise
- Candidates on the waitlist get appointment opportunities on a quarterly basis in case someone does not join.
- The waitlist is valid for a period of one year.
Tie-Breaking Policy in SBI Clerk 2021
In events where two or more candidates secure equal scores, the tiebreaker will include.
- Candidates who belong to the reserved category such as SC/ST/OBC/PH will be considered
- If the tie persists candidate who has fewer incorrect answers in all the subjects will be considered
- If the tie continues, candidates older in age will be considered.