SSC CHSL 2022 Exam
The SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level ( SSC CHSL ) is a nationwide exam conducted for the recruitment to the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants (PA / SA) in various central government departments and ministries.
As per the SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) Notification, the selection procedure of Lower Divisional Clerk/Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators etc. will be in three tiers: Tier-I: Computer Based Examination => Tier-II: Descriptive Paper => Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test).
SSC CHSL 2022 - Overview
|Dates for submission of online applications||06-12-2022 to 04-01-2023|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||04-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||04-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||05-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||06-01-2023|
Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction' and online payment of Correction
09-01-2023 to 10-01-2023 (23:00)
|Schedule of Tier-I (Computer Based Examination)||Feb-Mar, 2023|
|Schedule of Tier-II (Computer Based Examination)||To be notified later|
SSC CHSL 2022 Eligibility criteria
A candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India (before the 1st January 1962, to settle in India permanently) or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam (with the intention of permanently settling in India).
A candidate must be 18-27 years of age as of 01-01-2022. There is a provision of relaxation in the upper age limit as follows.
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD SC/ ST||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Candidates who had domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|10||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
| || || |
Educational Qualifications (As on 04-01-2023)
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A') in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- The candidates must possess Essential qualification on or before the closing date for receipt of online applications i.e. 07-03-2022.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
Steps to Apply Online SSC CHSL 2022
You can apply for the SSC CHSL exam by following the steps below:
- Visit the SSC official website – https://ssc.nic.in/
- Next click on the tab "Apply." Now click on the "Combined Higher Secondary Level" exam.
- After filling in all the required information, it will generate the registration number and password.
- Next, fill in the required personal details and educational qualifications.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport size photograph and signature.
- Now, You can select any three examination centres within the same region
- Carefully verify the information when you have completed the form. Once you submit the form, it's final and you can't make any further changes to the application form
- Finally, pay the application fee.
Documents required during form-filling
The following documents should be kept at hand so that the form filling is smooth and uninterrupted.
- A scanned copy of the applicant's signature (of a size 1 kb < Size < 12 kb) in JPG format.
- A scanned copy of a passport-sized photograph of the candidate that is not more than three months old from the date of notification of the examination (size 20 kb < Size < 50 kb) in JPG format. The date of when the photograph was taken should be typed and be clearly visible on the photograph and on its scanned version too.
- Valid e-mail ID of the candidate for the purpose of registration and all related correspondence.
- Valid ID proof of the candidate.
SSC CHSL Exam Application Fee
All candidates who submit their application for taking the SSC CHSL exams are required to submit an application fee of Rs. 100/- with the exception of women, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates. This fee is to be paid only through the State Bank of India (SBI) either in the form of a challan or through SBI's Net Banking facility or any other bank's credit/debit card. The challan form is to be generated online. In order to pay the fee in cash, the candidate should take a printout of the challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 of the registration and deposit the requisite fee in any SBI branch and only then continue with the registration process.
SSC CHSL Salary & Payscale
The modified salary structure for the different posts under the SSC CHSL exam, after implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission recommendations, is as follows.
|Post||Basic pay||HRA||TA||Gross salary||In hand|
|DEO – I||25500||6120||3600||35220||31045|
|DEO – II||25500||4080||1800||31380||27205|
|DEO – III||25500||2040||1800||29340||25165|
SSC CHSL 2022 Vacancy
SSC is yet to release the vacancies for SSC CHSL 2022. It will be announced on the official website in due course. Updated vacancy positions will be uploaded on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in->Candidate's Corner- > Tentative Vacancy).
SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Pattern
|Tier I Exam||Computer based Multiple Choice Questions|
|Tier II||Descriptive – English/Hindi|
|Tier III||Skill Test/Computer Test|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
(Not in sequence)
Number of Questions/ Maximum
|Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25/ 50|
60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribe as per Para 8.1 and 8.2)
|II||General Intelligence||25/ 50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25/ 50|
|IV||General Awareness||25/ 50|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Maximu m Marks|
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
1 hour (for each section)
(1 hours and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)
Language and Comprehension
Module-II: General Awareness
Total = 60
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
(20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)
Module-II: Skill Test/ Typing Test Module
Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.
(20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)
Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA.
(15 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Pattern: Typing Test
|Language||Pass Criteria||Test Duration|
|English||35 wpm||15 minutes*|
|Hindi||30 wpm||15 minutes*|
*For the visually handicapped (40% disability) the test duration is 30 minutes.
SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Syllabus
SSC CHSL Tier I Syllabus
|General Intelligence||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures and Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Surds and Indices||Miscellaneous||Economy|
|Coded Inequalities||Work and Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time and Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice || |
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|| || |
|Input Output||Sequence and Series|| || |
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination and Probability|| || |
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
|Essay Writing||National Interest, Finance and Economy Ecological Issues, Politics, Social Issues, Schemes and Governance, Sports Technology, Geopolitics, Environmental Concerns, etc.|
|Letter and Application Writing||Official Appreciation, Suggestion, Follow up or Feedback, Complaints, Other Applications, etc.|
SSC CHSL Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on the computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
SSC CHSL Cut Offs