Today, we have come up with a success story of Sweety Raman who has cleared SBI PO 2019. With the prevailing cut throat competition she has managed to achieve her goal of achieving success by clearing SBI PO 2019. She insisted on practicing a lot even it becomes monotonous. Reading her success story shall make every aspirant feel confident and motivated.
Previous experience with Banking Exams and the Results!
- 2019- Cleared SBI-PO
- 2018: cleared ibps po, mains, appeared in interview but could not make in final list
- 2018: cleared ibps so pre, failed in mains
- 2018: cleared ibps clerk , made on final list
Preparation Strategies for English, Quant, Reasoning, Current Affairs & General Awareness
1. Clear your concepts of each topic
2. Learn tables, squares, cubes- this helps in number series, approximation and fast calculation
3. Practice from updated source
4. Practice from multiple apps
1. Get command over puzzles. Solving one puzzle fetch 5 marks. Puzzle help you develop competitive edge over others.
2. Reasoning is a game changer. Few topics like inequalities have tricks to solve within 10 Seconds.
3. Practice easy to difficult type of questions
1. There is no as such books for English when you prepare for banks or government exams.
2. One needs to inculcate reading habit- read novels , newspapers. This will help in RC and cloze test.
3. Practice sectional and topic test of English to understand your strength and weak areas and work on it.
This section make or break your chances in mains. Prepare 6-9 months current affairs from more than one source. For example: I read from grade up digest, practice gk today monthly quiz, and PracticeMock current affairs quiz. Download gk app and go through it once in a day for daily current affairs.
GD+ GE+PI (SBI + PO): Prepare current topics – main fodder points, revise it, if possible give mock interview it will help u understand your grey areas which you need to work upon. GD is group discussion not group debate so one needs to most importantly present their team work, leadership skills, and your rational approach.
PI: Prepare all hr question like about yourself.
What was the strategy you adopted in preparing for the exam? What was your study schedule? What were the major hurdles you overcame
Practice a lot even if it seems monotonous. Practice atleast 500 question of each topic of quant, reasoning, english and gk. Revise multiple times. I studied for 6-8 hours everyday irrespective of any circumstance. Consistency build your foundation robust. I would like to talk about one hurdle which many government exams aspirant face : keeping happy face and spirit high. First understand it’s your choice to prepare, try an realize it’s not one day affair- Rome is not build in a day. Do some recreation activity- watch movie in 15 days, go out with friends ( not negative people). Understand this phase too will pass, don’t over panic. Remember there is no one who never failed- failures are just stepping Stones.
Don’t study one day before D-day. One just add on anxiety by studying one day prior to exam. For instance, if you failed to solve puzzle, one might feel that his/her preparation is not upto mark.
Few additional suggestion: Eat chocolate before entering exam centre, it helps to keep stress level down.
How PracticeMock helped you?
PracticeMock is most updated app. I gave mocks from PracticeMock. Sectional quiz, topic quiz helped me a lot. I would sincerely recommend.
Be confident and work hard: Two mantras I strongly followed during my journey. Don’t take failures by heart: learn from them and get back two times stronger and better.