This year, NIACL (New India Assurance Co. Ltd) has come up with 300+ vacancies of Administrative Officers. For these vacancies, the prelims was held on Jan 20, 2019, & the mains will be held on Mar 2, 2019. These exams will be followed by interviews and the final selection is based on the marks of mains exam & interview. Often compared with a Probationary Officer, the job profile and other details of this profile is sought by the aspirants. Which is why in this article we are covering the fine details of this profile.
- The job of an Administrative Officer revolves around claims settlement, underwriting, risk assessment and supervision of assistants’ work.
- They are also asked to do the verification of risk proposals and authorization of claims.
Other Misc. Info
- Once selected, you can be posted & transferred to any place in India.
- All the selected candidates have to mandatorily complete the probation of 1 year which can be extended twice by a further period of 6 months.
- The selected candidates also have to mandatorily pass the non-life licentiate exam conducted by Insurance Institute of India failing to pass which within the extended probation period will render the officer liable to be terminated from service on expiry of the period so specified.
- There is also a Guarantee Bond of 4 years which is to be signed by the selected candidates. This includes the probation period of 1 year. In the event of a candidate resigning from the company before the expiry of said period, the candidate will have to pay liquidated damages equivalent to one year’s gross salary paid to them during the year of probation which could be proportionately reduced depending on the length of service rendered.
- The basic pay of an AO is Rs 32,795 and the payscale is 32795-1610(14)-55335- 1745(4)-62315. The total emoluments in a metropolitan city are around Rs 51,000 per month.
- Selected candidates are also entitled to benefits like Pension (under New Pension Scheme governed by PFRDA), Gratuity, LTS, medical benefits etc.
- They also get the option of the company’s accommodation or leased accommodation.
We hope that this article has helped you get a fairly good idea of the overall profile of an NIACL AO. If you are appearing for NIACL AO Mains, you will get a good preparation strategy for the General Awareness Section by clicking here. Also, click here to get the tips for the Descriptive Section. If you haven’t started already, here is a Study Plan for the preparation of NIACL AO Mains.
Keep taking Mock Tests for NIACL AO Mains to practice until perfection. Wishing you all the best for your Preparation!