Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams -9.2.2018
- NHAI To Start ‘Pay As You Use’ Pilot Project on the Delhi-Mumbai Highway to study and implement the ability of the system in the country. It is to study and implement the ability of the system in the country. The project to be run for one year involves implementing a satellite-based electronic toll collection system running on GPS/GSM technology.
- South Central Railway Becomes 1st Rail Zone with 100% LED Lighting at Stations It has become first zone to complete 100 percent LED lighting in all the 733 stations. It is is expected to save 32 lakh units of electrical energy worth Rs 2.7 crore per year.
- 13-Member Advisory Committee Under Defence Ministry Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has constituted a 13-member advisory committee. It is to monitor and expedite capital acquisition projects for the modernisation of the armed forces. The committee will be headed by Vinay Sheel Oberoi, former secretary in the government.
- Power Ministry launches web-based monitoring system and fly-ash mobile application It will act as an interface between producers and consumers. The ASH TRACK Mobile App will manage 200 million tonnes of fly ash by tracking coal-based power plants situated within 100 km and 300 km from given location and availability of fly ash.
- PM Modi 3 Nation Visit- Leaves for Palestine Prime Minister Narendra Modi left for his three-nation visit to Palestine, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman. This is the first ever visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Palestine, and Prime Minister Modi’s second visit to UAE and first to Oman.
- NITI Aayog Unveils Health Index For States There are three categories namely larger states, smaller states and Union territories in the list.
- Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu have ranked top among the larger states in terms of overall performance.
- Among smaller states Mizoram ranked first followed by Manipur and Goa in terms of annual incremental performance.
- Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh are the the top three three states in the terms of annual incremental performance.
- Among Union territories Lakshadweep showed best overall performance as well as highest annual incremental performance.
2. India Ranks 44th In Global Intellectual Property Index The Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce stated that India ranked 44th of 50 economies. In 2017, India has ranked as 45th position and now it has jumped one rank to 44th.
- The US is at the top of the IP index list with 37.98 points, followed by Britain (37.97) and Sweden (37.03).
- Khelo India School Games concludes; Haryana tops overall medal tally with 38 gold medals The first Khelo India School Games concluded in New Delhi with sports powerhouse Haryana topped the overall medal tally. The state won 102 medals which include 38 gold and 26 silver. Maharashtra with 110 medals (36 of them gold) finished second while Delhi with 94 medals came third. Sports Minister, Col Rajyavardhan Rathore presented the top State Haryana with the glittering trophy.
- Indra Nooyi becomes ICC’s first independent female director PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi has been appointed to the International Cricket Council (ICC) Board as the governing body’s first independent female director.
- Hardayal Prasad Has Been Appointed As SBI Card MD & CEO SBI Card, the country’s second-largest credit card issuer, has appointed Hardayal Prasad as new Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company. He will replace Vijay Jasuja.