Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams – 7.2.2018
- President Ram Nath Kovind Inaugurates Mahamastakabhisheka Utsav The President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 88th Mahamastakabhisheka Utsav of Lord Gomateshwara in Hassan district of Karnataka.
- Rs 100 cr in Budget for development of 800 MW advanced boiler the development of 800 MW advanced ultra super critical thermal power plant project got Rs 100 crore for next year from the Department of Heavy Industry with a target to finalise the turbine design, as per 2018-19 budget papers.
- First-Ever Pelican Festival Held At Atapaka Bird Sanctuary In Andhra Pradesh The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to hold the first-of-its-kind, one-day Pelican Festival at the Atapaka Bird Sanctuary on Kolleru.
- CSE Ranked Top Environment Policy Think Tanks in India The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has been ranked the top environment policy think tanks in India while it has secured the 16th position in global rankings, climbing up two positions from the last year.
- SpaceX successfully launches world’s most powerful rocket The US-based SpaceX has successfully launched the world’s most powerful operational rocket Falcon Heavy towards Mars. The rocket, carrying a Tesla Roadster car, will revolve around the Sun in a way that will repeatedly bring it close to the Earth and Mars.
- Google and NCERT Join Hands to Teach Students Digital Safety Google and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) signed a pact to integrate a course on ‘Digital Citizenship and Safety’ in information and communication technology curriculum.
- RBI keeps key interest rate unchanged at 6% with neutral stance The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) kept its key interest rate unchanged at 6 per cent for the fourth time in succession at its final bi-monthly monetary policy review of the fiscal, citing concerns about the inflationary push by rising global crude oil prices.Current Monetary Policy Rates:
- Repo Rate: Unchanged at 6%
- Revrese Repo Rate: Unchanged at 5.75%
- Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) Rate: Unchanged at 6.25%
- Bank Rate: Unchanged at 6.25%
- Cash Reserve Ratio: Unchanged at 4%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR): Unchanged at 19.5%