Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams – 5.2.2018
- India successfully test-fires nuclear capable Agni-1 missile it is indigenously developed. It has been tested as a part of user trial by the Army from a test range off the Odisha coast. It is a 700 km range surface-to-surface missile and launched from pad-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR)at Abdul Kalam Island in Balasore.
- Gobardhan Yojana launched to support farmers The Haryana government has launched the ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers.
- A provision of Rs 11 crore has been made to provide benefits of various projects under this scheme.
- Assam Government, Ola Sign MoU for River Taxi Service The cab-hailing company Ola has inked MOU with Government of Assam to pilot an app-based river taxi service in Northeast India’s financial hub Guwahati. The MoU has been signed in the presence of Chandra Mohan Patowary, Minister for Transport Industry and Commerce(Assam) and Vijay Ghadge, Vice President Operations of Ola.
- Dubai retains rank as world’s busiest international airport Dubai International, DXB, has retained its position as the world’s number one airport for international passengers for the fourth consecutive year with annual traffic for 2017 reaching 88.2 million passengers.
- Maldives President declares emergency The Maldives President Abdulla Yameen declared a state of emergency for 15 days. A former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom was arrested after the state of emergency was declared. Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed and judge Ali Hamid werem also arrested. The president pitted against the Supreme Court after he refused to comply with its order to release nine political dissidents.
- First ever chat based job search app ‘Empzilla’ launched Taking prime minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India initiative forward, a chat based job search mobile app ‘Empzilla’, first ever of its kind in the country, is being launched that will do away with existing limitations of employers and job seekers making selection process quick and cost effective.
- Japan Launches Smallest Rocket Ever To Carry Tiny Satellite Into Orbit The country’s Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has successfully launched the smallest-ever rocket to carry a satellite into orbit.The rocket set off from the Uchinoura Space Center. It carried the TRICOM-1R, a three-unit cubesat, into lower Earth orbit where it will observe the Earth with a set of cameras.
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant granted extension till June 2019 He was appointed the Chief Executive Officer of the government think tank on February 17, 2016 for a two-year term. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved extension of Kant’s tenure till June 30, 2019, the order issued by the personnel ministry said.
- Four Indian Athletes In Forbes India 30 Under 30 List 2018 The magazine has come up with a unique “30 under 30” 2018 super achievers list. The list features top 30 persons specialized in different disciplines. Indian athletes Jasprit Bumrah(Cricket), Harmanpreet Kaur(Cricket), Savita Punia(Hockey Goal Keeper) and Heena Sidhu(Shooter) made it to this year’s Forbes India 30 Under 30 list.