Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams – 1.2.2018
- Union Budget 2018-19 – Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented his Budget for the year 2018-19 in the Parliament. To know the Important Highlights click here.
- Centre sanctions Rs 1,500 cr for organic farming in Uttarakhand This is in keeping with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of developing Uttarakhand as an organic state which he spelt out during his visit to Kedarnath last year.
- 7th India Energy Congress held in New Delhi where more than 400 experts met to discuss and debate the energy transition being witnessed, Energy 4.0 – the fourth energy revolution and draw map for 2030, in view of technological and digital disruptions already underway and those visible across the horizon.
- Rwanda becomes first poor country to provide eye care for its 12 million population. The government has partnered with the organisation Vision for a Nation (VFAN) to train more than 3,000 eye care nurses based in 502 local health centres, prescribing glasses and referring those with serious eye problems to national clinics.
- Mary Kom wins gold at India Open boxing five-time world champion M C Mary Kom claimed a gold but the Indian men’s juggernaut was denied a complete sweep by traditional powerhouses Cuba and Uzbekistan on an exciting final day of the India Open Boxing Tournament, in New Delhi.
- Anu Kumar Wins First Gold In Khelo India School Games the Uttarakhand girl grabbed the first gold medal of the Khelo India School Games in 1500 metres at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.