Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams – 11.03.2018
- Founding Conference of International Solar Alliance held in New Delhi PM Narendra Modi held bilateral level talks with several heads of states on the sidelines of the International Solar Alliance Founding Conference in New Delhi. He met leaders from Abu Dhabi, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Seychelles, Comoros and several other countries.
- Start-up incubator for women We-Hub launched A start-up incubator was launched by the Telangana government to exclusively promote entrepreneurship among women. We-Hub is an entrepreneurial platform for aspiring women from rural and urban backgrounds helping them achieve being independent and overcome the societal barriers.
- Multilateral Air Force exercise ‘Samvedna’ Air Forces of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UAE and Myanmar have already committed resources and personnel for the exercise. The exercise is spearheaded by Indian Air Force and will be conducted by Southern Air Command.
- Xi Jinping to become China’s leader-for-life China’s President Xi Jinping is all set to become China’s leader-for-life as the country’s parliament prepares to amend Constitution to remove 2 term limit for the president. He is currently in his 2nd five-year term & due to retire in 2023 under the current 2 term system.
- India, France inked 14 pacts India and France inked key pacts in the strategic areas of security, nuclear energy after extensive talks between PM Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron. Agreements in the field of education, environment, urban development and railways were also signed.
- Passport details must for loans of Rs 50 cr and above The government has made providing passport details mandatory for taking loans of Rs.50 crore and above. This has been done to ensure a swift action in case of fraud and prevent fraudsters from fleeing the country.
- KVGB rolls out loan scheme for women entrepreneurs has launched ‘Vikas She Plus’, a loan scheme for women to take up new ventures or for expanding/modifying the existing enterprises. This scheme provides loan up to a maximum of ₹2 lakh with a repayment period of 60 months.
- Wrestler Navjot ranked world No.2 in women’s 65kg rankings Navjot Kaur, who clinched a gold medal at the recently concluded Asian Wrestling Championships in Bishkek, has jumped to the second spot in the world women’s 65kg weight category rankings released by United World Wrestling.
- Akhil Sheoran clinched the gold medal in men’s 50m rifle 3-position after he shot 455.6 in the final to pip Austria’s Bernhard Pickl in second place with 452.
- Australia lifted Sultan Azlan Shah cup World champions Australia has lifted the coveted Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey title by outplaying England 2-1 in the finals. Australia has now won the prestigious tournament for the 10th time.
- Sitanshu Kar to be next head of PIB All India Radio’s News Services Division (NSD) director general Sitanshu Kar will be the next head of the Press Information Bureau (PIB) after superannuation of Frank Noronha on April 30.
- Parag Agrawal appointed as Twitter’s CTO Agrawal, an alumnus of IIT-Bombay and a PhD in Computer Science from Stanford University, succeeds Adam Messinger. His contributions at Twitter include leading efforts to increase the relevance of tweets in Twitter users’ timelines using Artificial Intelligence.