Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams -10.2.2018 & 11.2.2018
- “Swachh Bharat Sanitation Park” inaugurated in Delhi The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, in collaboration with the Environmental Sanitation Institute and Tata Trusts, has developed a Sanitation Park which was inaugurated in Delhi.
- National Meet On Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018 held in New Delhi National Informatics Centre (NIC) has organized a three-day National Meet on Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018 at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. The theme for VIVID 2018 is “Cyber Security and Innovation”.
- MoS Textiles Ajay Tamta Inaugurates India Pavilion In Germany The Minister of State for Textiles Ajay Tamta inaugurated India Pavilion at Ambiente 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany. It is one of the oldest established and well-known fairs for presentation of new products, new trends and new innovations.
- Clean air for Delhi campaign launched The Delhi government and the MoEF (Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change) jointly launched the Clean Air Campaign, which will continue for 2 weeks till February 23.
- Abu Dhabi to get its first Hindu temple Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for thefirst Hindu temple in the United Arab Emirates’ capital, which is home to a huge Indian diaspora.
- PM Modi 3 Nation Visit- Modi Conferred ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine’ The Grand Collar is Highest order given to foreign dignitaries, in the past it has been awarded to King Salman of Saudi Arabia & President Xi Jinping of China among others. Modi is the first Indian Prime Minister to make an official visit to Palestine.
- India Retains Top Spot as Source Market for Dubai in 2017 Dubai witnessed 15 percent growth in tourist arrivals from India in 2017, hosting 2.1 million visitors, retaining top spot as the source market.
business & economy
- Paisabazaar.com partners with Microsoft Paisabazaar.com, the country’s largest digital lending platform, has entered into partnership with Microsoft to develop “industry first” innovations, to deliver innovative and unique customer experience on its platform using artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- CCI Slaps Rs 136 Crore Fine On Google The Competition Commission of India (CCI) imposed a fine of Rs 136 crore on search engine major Google. It has been for unfair business practices in the Indian market for online search.
- Abdul Hamid re-elected as president of Bangladesh Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid has been re-elected for a second term. Earlier, the ruling Awami League (AL) nominated Abdul Hamid for his re-election as the country’s president.
- NPCI Appoints Biswamohan Mahapatra as Non-Executive Chairman National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) appointed Biswamohan Mahapatra as non-executive chairman for two years with immediate effect. He succeeds B Sambamurthy who was the interim chairman.
- Rakesh Singh appointed private banking head at HDFC Bank Rakesh Singh has been appointed as head of private banking at HDFC Bank. He will continue to head the bank’s investment banking, capital markets and financial institutions businesses.
- Olympic Winter Games Kicked Off At Pyeongchang The 23rd Olympic Winter Games officially kicked off with a colourful ceremony at Pyeongchang stadium in South Korea. There will be 92 countries participating with 102 medals in Pyeongchang, covering seven sports and 15 disciplines.
- Rohan More becomes first Asian to swim across Ocean Seven Pune-based swimmer, Rohan More became the first Asian as well as the first Indian to swim across the Ocean Seven. Rohan is the youngest person in the world to swim across the Ocean Seven.