LIC HFL has released a notification for recruitment of Assistants and Assistant Managers in various branches all across India. Each year LIC conducts the exam and for the LIC HFL Assistant recruitment 2019 the online exam is scheduled on October 9th. Since, almost a month left for the exam, we have come up with preparation strategy specifically for the English section for LIC HFL examination. To start with, take mock tests for LIC HFL and know your preparation levels and your weak areas in order to improve upon them.
Let us start with the exam preparation strategy for English section. Those who find logical reasoning difficult can go through the preparation strategy for Logical Reasoning. First, let us understand the LIC HFL analysis for the previous year specifically for the English section.
LIC HFL 2018 Exam Analysis – English Section
|Topic||Nos. of Questions|
English may seem the trickiest section to many aspirants, however its easy and scoring and especially those who have average English skills they will be able to achieve great score. Even if don’t have average English skills, the time period of 1 month is enough to crack this section, provided you put all your efforts in this section. This blog will help you get a better understanding of the English section and shall give you all important information and vital tips required to ace this particular section of the exam. As far as this section goes, 50 questions worth 50 marks are to be attempted in a given time frame of 35 minutes.
LIC HFL Assistant Exam Preparation – English Language Syllabus
The syllabus for the same is mentioned below:
- Spotting Errors
- Vocabulary (Synonyms/Antonyms)
- Para Completion
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Improvement
- Para Jumbles
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Connectors
English Preparation Exam Tips
Below mentioned are few tips specifically for English section following which shall help you ace the section.
- While starting with the preparation, candidates must follow the syllabus topic-wise. The strategy which should be followed is Read-Understand-Practice. The topics can be read from books and for a better understanding and implementation of the topic one must take as many mock tests as possible. As, practicing is the only way that can get you practical clarity of the concepts.
- It is very important to create a comprehension study plan. It could depend upon your strengths and weakness of the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- Practicing Online mock tests is a great way to train your mind in a way that you are giving an actual exam.
- Vocabulary is one essential thing which candidates appearing must have proficiency in. Reading editorials from reputed newspapers on daily basis shall help candidates to develop a good command over that. Read more Vocabulary articles here.
- As far as Reading Comprehension is concerned follow a methodology of reading the questions in the paragraph first and then move onto the reading the passage. This way candidates must be knowing the answers to look for beforehand.
- For Cloze Test questions, the best way to catch hold of the answer is to keep on eliminating the options. This topic can be mastered by an aspirant with rigorous practice.
- Error spotting questions can be easily solved if you have a sound grammar knowledge. So, practicing grammar questions is essential too.
LIC HFL Mock Test 2019
Mock tests give you an opportunity to take up the test similar to the actual one and trying out different strategies in these exams. Then you can stick to the strategy which fetches you maximum marks. After analysis of the mock test is equally important as it helps you to analyze your score. A detailed solution is provided for all incorrectly answered questions and it even gives your rank among other test takers.
Following these exam preparation tips shall help you in achieving a good score in the English section. Stay tuned for more section-wise exam preparation tips and tricks.