LIC Assistant recruitment 2019 has opened its doors for one of the most reputed government jobs for the posts of Assistants. As known to be one of the prominent insurance company many strive hard for a good career and growth. For those who have plans to give the upcoming LIC Assistant exam this time which is scheduled for October 21, 2019 it is probably the time to start prepare for the same.
We are assuming that candidates those who have already applied for this particular exam must be in the middle of their preparation. Here we are with the well drafted preparation strategy for Numerical Ability section for LIC Assistant 2019 exam. This article will surely give you an edge and shall help you in maximize your score.
Let’s first take a look at the overall exam pattern of LIC Assistant Prelims 2019.
LIC Assistant Exam Preparation- Prelims
|S No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||English Language / Hindi Language||30||30||20 minutes|
Before starting to prepare for any such exam, one should be absolutely clear about the syllabus and the important topics for a particular section which needs thorough revision and lot of practice.
LIC Assistant Exam Preparation- Syllabus
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||General Awareness||English Language|
|Statement based Questions||Data Interpretation||Current Affairs||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Time and Work||National and International Matters||Sentence Arrangement|
|Seating Arrangement||Speed, Distance and Time||Currency and Capital||Cloze Test|
|Coding-Decoding||Number Series||Awards and Honors||Error Spotting|
|Alpha-Numeric Sequence||Approximation||General History, Geography||Sentence Improvement|
|Puzzles||Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Biology and Applied Science||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Seating Arrangement||Profit and Loss||Phrases|
|Blood Relation||Average||Elementary Grammar|
|Analogy||Mixture and Allegations|
|Odd One Out|
As mentioned above, it is the overall syllabus for the LIC Assistant Prelims exam, however since we are here to give an insightful knowledge on preparation strategy for Numerical Ability section, mentioned below is the detailed syllabus for Numerical Ability.
Detailed Numerical Ability Syllabus for LIC Assistant
Though, a candidate must make sure that the entire syllabus is covered for the upcoming LIC Assistant 2019 exam, there are few important topics that no aspirant should ignore. The most important topics are:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Quadratic Equation
- Number Series
- Profit and Loss
- Pie Chart
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Problems on Age
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
Only knowing the topics won’t suffice, but you have a do rigorous effort to get a better understanding of each of these which can be done by solving mock tests. Practice mock tests in order to have an inside-out knowledge of each concept. To assist candidates further, we are providing few books and preparation resources.
|Section||Books for LIC Assistant|
|English Language||Objective General English Paperback by S.P.Bakshi|
|Numerical Ability||1. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by R.S.Aggarwal |
2. Quantitative Aptitude Chapter-wise Solved Papers by Kiran Publication’s
3. How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
|Reasoning Ability||A new approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-verbal by B.S.Sijwali and Indu Sijwali|
Exam Preparation Strategy for Numerical Ability for LIC Assistant
Out of the three sections, Numerical Ability is one such section which usually most aspirants find difficult. Lack of practice can make the entire experience bitter, thus if you wish to clear the exam in the first attempt then it is important to practice as much as you can. As far as numerical ability section is concerned mugging up the concepts won’t work.
To score well, rigorous practice is required which can only come through attempting mock tests. Below are the tips that a candidate should adopt in order to boost their score in Quant section.
Brush up the Basics
- The most vital tool is to brush up the basics first. Any multiplication, division or basic mathematical calculations should be on your tips. Moreover, the basic mathematical formulas are to be practiced beforehand.
- Memorize the tables ranging from 1 to 30, square roots till 50 and cube roots up to 30. This will surely help in faster calculations.
- The basic chapters including Percentage, Ration, Average, Ratio and Proportion should be on your finger tips and these concepts will help you attain a better score by solving lot of miscellaneous problems.
Don’t Miss out on Accuracy
- In order to complete the Numerical Ability section in LIC Assistant Exam, candidates will have 20 minutes in hand and the number of questions to be completed are 35. Thus, speed is of prime importance. However, speed and accuracy should go hand in hand. Make sure the questions you attempt should be 100% accurate as this will boost your overall score.
- Try and attempt questions on simplification, quadratic equations and approximation first as these are a little easy target to achieve.
- Checking out the previous year exam analysis will give you an idea about the expected topics.
High Level Questions are to be Done
Every topic has high level, moderate and easy level questions. A candidate aim should be to master high-level questions for every topic so that your chances of getting a better score increases. Moreover, this way you will be able to attempt easy and medium level questions as well with 100% accuracy.
List of Important Chapters
- As mentioned above as well topics like approximation, quadratic equations and simplification etc takes less time, thus should be prepared thoroughly.
- Try to solve as many questions as possible on Number Series which is yet another crucial topic. Get familiar with as many number series patterns as you can.
- Questions related to Number Series and BODMAS are frequently asked in the exam, thus should be practiced well.
- Date Interpretation is very much important and carries a good weightage in LIC Assistant exam. It comprises of ratio, percentage and average.
Practice Mock Tests & Track your Performance
- If you really wish to enhance the LIC Assistant exam preparation level then mock tests are the key. Make yourself habitual of handling different type of questions and exam pressure by giving as many mock tests as possible.
- Mock tests even make you learn to stick to the time frames which will be there in the actual exam as well.
- Moreover, mock tests are based on the latest exam pattern which is yet another important factor to get familiarize with. For this you can attempt latest free mock test LIC assistant.
Tracking your performance after giving a mock is important too as it will give you an idea about your preparation level. It tells you about your weak and strong areas so that you can further improve upon it.
We hope this article will give you an insightful understanding as how to prepare for the upcoming LIC assistant Prelims 2019 exam.