LIC AAO’s notification was out recently for 590 vacancies. These vacancies are for Assistant Administrative Officers. For your convenience, we have come up with the details of Job Profile (such as duties/ responsibilities etc.) of LIC AAO. There are certain departments in this corporation in which you can be posted. Let’s have a look at the departments:
- Policy Servicing
- New Business
- Marketing / Sales
- Information Technology
An LIC Assistant Administrative Officer’s primary responsibilities are below:
- To help the Administrative Officer/ Seniors in supervising the general functioning of the department
- To inspect and analyze currently running policies
- To plan new schemes/ policies
- To process policy applications
- To create/ maintain databases
- To interact with prospective customers, sales personnel, vendors etc.
- To manage claim processing
- To communicate across various departments and work with co-ordination
- To perform other duties from time to time as specified by officer-in-charge
- To negotiate with Agents/Development Officers
- To undertake underwriting job at times.
The first promotion in the case of LIC AAO is generally after 5-8 years. The organizational hierarchy is below:
- Assistant Administrative Officer
- Assistant Deputy Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Zonal Manager
Salary & Emoluments
An AAO’s pay scale is 32795-1610(14)-55335-1745(4)-62315. Salary of an LIC AAO will be 56,000 rupees (in class A city) but it will also depend on the place of posting and several other factors. Apart from the Basic Pay, there are several other benefits like HRA (House Rent Allowance), CCA (City Compensatory Allowance), DA (Dearness Allowance), Leave Travel Concession (LTC), Special Allowance, Gratuity, Group Mediclaim, Group Insurance, Defined Contributory Pension, Cash Medical Benefit, Accident Insurance, Loan for Personal Vehicles, etc.
With the exam date falling on May 4, 2019, we hope that your preparation would be going in full swing. Have you taken the Free Mock Test of LIC AAO Prelims yet? If not, take it now. Not only it will highlight your weak areas but it will also tell you your rank & percentile and will be a perfect analyzer of your performance.