With the IBPS PO Recruitment Notification out, there are hardly 2 months left to get started with your preparation and attain mastery in it. Of the three sections asked in IBPS PO Prelims, Reasoning is one section which some aspirants struggle with. As the name indicates, this section checks your logical thinking skills along with how quickly can you answer the question. Let’s have a look at the competition you are going to face. Taking the data of the previous year: there were around 8.79 lakh applicants who had applied for IBPS PO 2018 for a mere 4,252 vacancies. So it is obvious that the competition is going to be intense as the number of vacancies is slightly more than what was there last year.
To cope up with this competition and to get ahead of it, you need to start practising right away and to get better in this section. Take a Free Mock Test Now and see how do you perform in a time-bound environment. The analysis will tell you where do you stand amidst other competitors who have also taken the Free Mock Test.
A Tight Balance of Speed & Accuracy
Right now is the best time to spend a lot of time on different questions of different difficulty level from different topics. Ensure that you read the question carefully and try to have as much accuracy as possible. Initially, don’t put a time-limit and understand the concepts and their application. This will most likely result in you answering the questions accurately. Slowly, start applying the time-limits without sacrificing accuracy. Keep in mind that you are going to be a banker where you need to do a number of tasks with high accuracy & within a reasonable time. This is most probably the reason why this section is included in IBPS PO Prelims. Let’s have a look at some tips which can help you in reasoning to a great extent.
IBPS PO Prelims– Reasoning Tips
- While reading the question, don’t assume any information. Have a thorough look at the question and understand what the question is trying to ask. Take sufficient time for this when you are in the initial stage of your practice.
- Try to process the information quickly. At the same time, you need to be mindful of what information to retain in your mind.
- Previous years’ papers are a very good source to get an understanding of what kinds of questions were asked in previous years. Take adequate time to solve them in the initial stage of your preparation.
- When solving any question, don’t be in a hurry to have a glance at the answer. Take all your time to understand and solve the question.
- Check the different approaches to solve the same question. This would also be the right time to understand the concept properly and come up with your own shortcuts & tricks.
- Don’t ignore the Unanswered & Wrongly Answered questions. Take your own sweet time to get the root of the problem and try to understand it. This exercise would be helpful in distinguishing the easy questions from the difficult ones.
IBPS PO Prelims- Reasoning- Topic-wise Tips
- Read the Tips of solving Coded-Inequalities Questions
- Check the Tips of Direction sense here
- Click Here to Read the Puzzles & Seating Arrangement
- Coding-decoding Tips- Click here
- Read the Tips of Syllogism here
- For Blood Relations Tips- Click here
We hope that the above article will be useful in increasing your speed while solving the Reasoning section. Remember that there is no alternative to practice. Keep practising via Mock Tests and know your weak areas. Put extra efforts to improve upon your weak areas.
Wishing you all the best for your preparation!