The much-awaited prelims exam of IBPS PO was conducted today sealing the fate of lakhs of aspirants in computer records. The paper had a total of 100 questions which was supposed to be solved in 60 minutes (with 20 minutes restricted to each section). 35 questions were from Reasoning and Numerical Ability each and the remaining 30 questions were from English. As already stated, this is more of a rejection test than a selection test. You only need to qualify the sectional and overall cutoffs and marks of this test won’t be considered in the final selection.
The difficulty level of the paper was moderate. Let’s have a look at each of the sections:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE OVERVIEW
The English language section was moderate.
- Reading Comprehension: 5 questions on 1 set of RC (topic was the history of newspapers) (moderate)
- Fillers: 5 questions (moderate)
- Error Detection: 6 questions (difficult)
- Sentence Improvement: 8 questions (easy-moderate)
- Cloze Test: 6 questions (moderate)
This section was moderate as well.
- 2 sets of DI with 12 questions (moderate)
- A line graph
- A bar graph
- 6 questions on quadratic equations (easy-moderate)
- 5 questions on wrong number series (moderate)
- 12 questions on arithmetic word problems like age-based, percentage, profit & loss, simple interest & compound interest etc. (moderate)
The reasoning section was easy-moderate.
- 4 sets of puzzles with 20 questions (moderate)
- A floor based puzzle with 5 floors & 2 variables
- A puzzle of seating arrangement (square) with a total of 8 people (4 people were facing the table and 4 were not facing the table)
- A puzzle of linear nature with 8 people facing north & south direction
- A puzzle with a table of 7 people liking a different color
- 5 questions on inequality (moderate)
- 3 questions on directions (easy)
- 5 questions on coding-decoding (easy-moderate)
- 2 questions on miscellaneous topics (moderate)
Quantitative Aptitude: 18-23
Reasoning Ability: 19-23
We hope this analysis would be helpful to the aspirants of the upcoming slots.