The notification of IBPS SO vacancies was out recently by IBPS. 1,599 in number, these vacancies are spread across different posts viz. IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer. The preliminary exam was conducted today and we are out with its analysis. For IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer, there were 3 sections: English, Reasoning & General Awareness. The paper was moderate in terms of difficulty level. Let’s start with the section-wise analysis.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE OVERVIEW
The English language section was moderate-difficult.
- Reading Comprehension: 12 questions on 2 sets of RC
- Cloze Test: 5 questions
- Para Jumbles: 5 questions
- Sentence Connector: 3 questions
- Error Detection: 10 questions
- Fill in the Blanks (Double Fillers): 5 questions
- Word Replacement: 5 questions
- Miscellaneous: 5 questions
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE OVERVIEW
The Quantitative section was moderate.
- Data Interpretation: 20 questions on 4 sets (Tabular, Pie + Table Chart, Caselet and Line + Pie Chart)
- Word Problems: 11 questions on Age problems, Partnership, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Time and Work, Mixtures, Time Speed and Distance, Mensuration, Probability etc.
- No. Series (Missing): 5 questions
- Approximation: 5 questions
- Quantity Comparison: 5 questions
- Data Sufficiency: 4 questions
The Reasoning section was moderate.
- Puzzles: A total of 25 questions were asked in 5 puzzles
- Puzzle 1: Box based puzzle with their respective weights
- Puzzle 2: Puzzle with arrangement of individuals, months and cities
- Puzzle 3: Square based puzzle with 8 people sitting in the center and at corners
- Puzzle 4: Circular arrangement of 8 people
- Puzzle 5: Linear arrangement of 7 people in 2 rows
- Data Sufficiency: 5 questions
- Syllogism: 5 questions
- Inequality: 5 questions
- Input-Output: 5 questions
- Miscellaneous (Blood relations, Alphabet test etc.): 5 questions
- English Language: 31-35
- Reasoning Ability: 30-34
- Quantitative Aptitude: 29-33
Hope this analysis will help the aspirants of the next slot. That’s all from our side. We wish the aspirants “All the Best” for their results.