The revised timelines for RRB Clerk PO and RRB Clerk Mains may be of some relief to candidates appearing for the same. The revised dates are yet to be announced, however, one must take this an opportunity to prepare even better. We would suggest you to keep your practice on and rather try and give it some more time to it now. Keep taking mock tests by buying RRB Clerk Mains Package at a cost-effective price.
Moreover, with the revised dates now you get to plan your time management strategy accordingly. Let us tell you that to clear any such competitive recruitment exam time management is the key. As mentioned in previous articles also that it is not only accuracy that matters, but speed also plays a great role in achieving success. Candidates often find themselves in stress because of the extensive syllabus and exam pressure of course. So, if you have a well-planned time management strategy in hand, it will surely help you.
RRB Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2019
|4||English Language / Hindi Language||40||40|
The mains exam comprises of 200 marks in total and there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Time Management Tips – RRB Clerk Mains 2019
- Allocate Time Wisely
Aspirants have limited time in hand and thus, its important to allocate the time in hand wisely. IBPS RRB Clerk Mains has 200 questions worth 200 marks. The composite time is of 2 hours to solve all the questions. With this calculation you approximately have 36 seconds to answer each question. Try and solve maximum questions in the given time frame. Practically, it is very difficult to solve all questions in the exam, thus you will have to be selective while choosing the questions rather than blindly start solving it. The correct strategy would be to pick and choose the easy ones first and then move onto the moderate ones and lastly shift onto the difficult questions.
2. Time Management for Reasoning Section
Generally, the reasoning section is known to be trickier in comparison to other sections in the exam. There are 40 questions worth 50 marks. In reasoning section usually some questions take less time, whereas some questions take more time to solve. Follow are the below points to follow:
- Start solving easy questions first especially those in which there are chances to score with accuracy.
- Attempt topics such as Coding Decoding, Blood Relations, Directions and Distance, first followed by critical reasoning questions and simple puzzles.
- Try and attempt the puzzle section at the last
- With practice, candidates can devise question specific tricks of their own.
- Try and attempt as many questions in the given time frame with reasonable accuracy and this can only happen if you are well prepared. Try and attempt as many mock tests as possible to get that perfection before appearing in the actual exam.
3. Time Management for Numerical Ability
Numerical Ability section is time consuming and those who have fear with numbers may find it difficult too. But, keeping in mind that you have ample time to prepare for RRB Clerk Mains 2019 exam rigorous practice can easily fetch you a decent score. Even this part contains 40 questions of 50 marks. Generally, one should start attempting questions in the given order below:
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Lastly, Age Probability, Time & Work, Speed & Distance etc…
As far as the time management strategy goes, read and follow the below mentioned tips:
- As far as number series is concerned, try to gauge the pattern of it as soon as possible. Once the pattern is known, you will be easily able to solve the questions related to the same.
- From Data Interpretation pick and choose questions which are less time consuming.
- When it comes to picking questions from the Miscellaneous topics, choose questions that are straightforward, but in order to solve these you must have practiced well beforehand.
- Try solving the easy boats & streams questions mentally as these seem little straightforward.
- Topic specific formulae and concepts needs to be thoroughly brushed.
- Guess work does not play any role here and you will end up loosing not only time due to this, but even marks as it may fetch you negative marks.
4. Time Management for English Language
English section in any exam for that matter tests a candidate’s proficiency in Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension. There will be 40 questions of 40 marks. A good knowledge and understanding of this particular section shall make your chances of clearing the IBPS RRB Recruitment 2019 bright. The order in which the questions should be attempted in English are as below:
- Reading Comprehension (Attempt the vocab-based questions first)
- Phrase Replacement
- Para Jumble
- Lastly, Error Spotting, Double Filters etc…
Below are the points to be taken care of in order to ace the English section of RRB Clerk Mains exam:
- Get a hold on your Vocabulary and grammar
- Reading Comprehension is to be attempted in the very beginning.
- Move ahead and attempt cloze test and questions related to phrase replacement etc.
- After this a candidate can move onto solving para jumbles and other miscellaneous type of questions.
In order to strengthen your hold over the vocabulary, check out these editorial articles that we publish on regular basis highlighting the difficult words and their meanings from reputed editorial such as The Hindu and Indian Express etc…
5. Time Management for General Awareness
GA section is quite simple and easy to score section. All you have to do to ace this section is to keep yourself thoroughly updated with at least 5 to 6 months of Current Affairs. Catch hold onto Static GK and Economics to achieve a better score in here. Questions are to be attempted in the following order:
- Financial & Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
There are 40 questions to be attempted for 40 marks. Follow the below points:
- Attempting questions wrongly will surely fetch you negative marks, so try not to attempt such questions in the first place which you are not sure of.
- Avoid guess work
- On a single GA question, avoid spending more than half a minute
- If you have prepared well this is the most scoring part of the entire RRB Clerk mains examination.
6. Time Management for Computer Knowledge
Last, but not the least, computer knowledge section will be easier to attempt. This even contains 40 questions of 20 marks and it is advisable to prepare the following topics for this particular section which includes Microsoft Office, Computer Fundamentals, Microsoft Office, Computer Software, Computer Hardware, Keyboard Shortcuts, Operating System and Networking
Lastly, for those who want to clear IBPS RRB Clerk Mains 2019 exam they will have to clear the sectional as well as overall cut offs.