RRB Clerk Mains is scheduled on Oct 20, 2019, which leaves you with only 13 days of preparation & revision. It’s imperative that you make the most of these remaining 13 days to ace the RRB Clerk Mains exam. The competition is going to be really tough especially now that Prelims are over and all the aspirants who are now in the competition have shown their mettle by qualifying for the Mains. To assess how do you perform amidst your competitors, we recommend that you take a Free Mock Test of RRB Clerk Mains now. This Free Mock Test will help you have a frank assessment of your performance and will also suggest you to improve on it.
Amidst other sections, there is a section which is high-scoring, takes less time to prepare for and takes even less time to answer. In a nutshell, this Computer Knowledge section has all the arsenal to take your overall score to great heights. The syllabus is also limited & highly static in nature. This section has 40 questions of 20 marks and there isn’t any sectional timing in this exam. In this article, we’ll be discussing the strategy to use this remaining time of 13 days so that you can get as many marks as possible out of this Computer Knowledge section.
As you must be aware, all the banks these days have to have a computer system which is extremely useful in all the respects of banking life. This section merely checks your familiarity with computers and their concepts. Please keep in mind that you will not be checked for your computer expertise. Only a basic understanding of the below topics should be able to help you sail through this section with good marks:
- History of Computers
- Computer Fundamentals
- Parts of a Computer System
- Data Processing Cycle of a Computer
- Computer Languages
- Input Devices & Output Devices
- Operating Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Microsoft Office
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- File Extensions
- Networking and Internet
- Computer Viruses
- Important Abbreviations
Now that only 13 days are left, we won’t advise you to use a proper computer handbook. Instead, use online resources & take quizzes on a regular basis to check your preparation level. Check this List of Computer Abbreviations as well. When you take Mock Tests, make note of the questions you couldn’t answer or answered incorrectly. Revise those questions as well.
Let’s have a look at some generic tips to be kept in mind while preparing for this section.
- Although this section carries only 20 marks, it’s best not to ignore it and try to capitalize as many marks as you can from this section. It can be a gamechanger where your overall score is concerned.
- Finish revising 1 chapter before moving to another chapter. And don’t forget to keep revising the chapters which have already been revised by you.
- Learn the important abbreviations and don’t get confused with similar-sounding words.
- Howsoever is your preparation, keep taking mock tests and use its feedback to improve upon your performance.
That’s all from our side in this article. We hope that you end up with a really good score in IBPS RRB Clerk Mains exam. Want to know your performance in a Mock Test amidst thousands of other aspirants? Click here to take a Free Mock Test.
Wishing you all the best for your revision.