The much-awaited prelims exam of ESIC SSO was conducted today for 539 vacancies. The paper had a total of 100 questions which was supposed to be solved in 60 minutes (with 20 minutes restricted to each section). 35 questions were from Reasoning and Numerical Ability each and the remaining 30 questions were from English. Prelims is more of a rejection test than a selection test. You only need to qualify the sectional and overall cutoffs and marks of this test won’t be considered in the final selection.
The difficulty level of the paper was moderate. Let’s have a look at each of the sections:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE OVERVIEW
The English language section was easy.
- Reading Comprehension: 10 questions (topic was health insurance vs professional insurance) (moderate)
- Double Fillers: 5 questions (easy)
- Error Detection: 5 questions (easy)
- Sentence Rearrangement: 5 questions (easy-moderate)
- Miscellaneous: 5 questions (easy)
This section was moderate.
- 3 sets of DI with 15 questions (moderate)
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
- Venn Diagram
- 5 questions on quadratic equation (easy)
- 5 questions on wrong number series (easy)
- 10 questions on miscellaneous topics such as time & work, simple interest & compound interest, simplification, profit & loss and averages (moderate)
The reasoning section was also moderate.
- 3 sets of puzzles with 15 questions (moderate)
- Linear arrangement
- Circular Puzzle
- 3 questions on blood relations (easy)
- 2 questions on directions (easy)
- 5 questions on syllogism (easy)
- 5 questions on miscellaneous topics (moderate)
Quantitative Aptitude: 22-25
Reasoning Ability: 23-26
We hope this analysis would be helpful to ESIC SSO aspirants.